This course discusses the legal responsibility employees have to protect client’s health information. Details of how you protect the information, what information you can and cannot share and how to properly dispose of/store this protected information is also provided.
- What is HIPAA?
- How does HIPAA affect professionals in the Developmental Disabilities Field?
- What information does HIPAA protect?
- When can PHI be shared?
- How much information may I share?
- What steps should I take to protect the individual’s PHI?
- How do I dispose of documents containing PHI?
|Module 1||HIPAA Q & A|
|Unit 1||HIPAA TRAINING - Q & A|