Direct Support Professional – Located on East Side of Columbus
We are in need of a Direct Support Professional for client located on the East side of Columbus.
- Weekdays – Part Time, Tuesday and Thursday 1st shift
Essential Job Functions:
• Teach/assist client in accomplishing routine housekeeping tasks, meal/menu prep, grocery • shopping, grooming, bathing, etc.
• Teach/assist client in the areas of home safety, first aid and emergency procedures. Including the identification and response to dangerous and life threatening situations
• Teach/assist client in the proper use of appliances or adaptive/assistive devices, as needed
• Teach/assist client with day to day finances as deemed necessary
• Teach/assist client with participation in general community activities and establishing and maintaining relationships with peers
• Provides or facilitates safe transportation in regards to social, medical and general developmental needs
• Complete all documentation and outlined support services as required.
• Complies with occupational health and safety regulations and ensures a safe home/workplace environment
• Assist client with monitoring medical needs including scheduling medical appointments, filling prescriptions, and self or delegated administration of medication as deemed necessary
• Continuous monitoring and reporting of any changes in client’s medical, health, and safety needs
• Communicates professionally, clearly, and effectively with all team members associated with the clients care
• Advocate to protect and advance the rights of clients with disabilities so that they may freely exercise their own life choices, enforce their rights, and fully participate in their community life
• Work under the supervision of Site Lead and/or Program Coordinator
• Other relevant duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Valid Drivers License (with no more than 4 points)
• Current proof of state minimum auto insurance
• 21 years of age or older