This annual training course that defines Major Unusual Incidents and Unusual Incidents. This class also discusses when and what to report as well as how to ensure health and safety of clients when there is a suspected, alleged, or actual MUI. The class also discusses how to recognize trends and patterns and the importance of reporting.
- Major Unusual Incidents
- a. Terms of Abuse
- Causes / Contributing Factors
- Failure to Report
- Law Enforcement
This course discusses the legal responsibility employees have to protect client’s health information. Details of how you protect the information, what information you can and cannot share and how to properly dispose of/store this protected information is also provided.
- What is HIPAA?
- How does HIPAA affect professionals in the Developmental Disabilities Field?
- What information does HIPAA protect?
- When can PHI be shared?
- How much information may I share?
- What steps should I take to protect the individual’s PHI?
- How do I dispose of documents containing PHI?
This training is only open to Absolute Care employees. The class reviews Absolute Care’s values, policies, procedures and employment expectations.
This training is only open to Absolute Care employees. The class discusses the importance of documentation, why and how employees are expected to document according to Absolute Care’s policies and procedures.